You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Red cast in print preview image

Thanks for your replies. I haven't done a Quick Mask. After reading the above thread and double checking all my settings (and they are correct), I think it's a bug that has creepd in after I updated AP last week. I have managed to print off in correct colour so I will just ignore it!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Print dialog isn't removing the red overlay on a scaled image) of the program in the latest beta release of Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer on Windows. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. Once Affinity Publisher has been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update to all customers.

The 1.8.0 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, quadredun said:

I also have red hue on print preview.

That doesn't quite look like the issue I've seen (and that this topic is talkig about), though I suppose it might be an instance of it that just looks different.

If you actually print how does it look?

Have you tried installing the beta to see if it's fixed for you there?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I am getting this red cast overlaying my image in a Affinity Publisher document.  I think it is because I have set a custom size (1008 pt x 612 pt or 14 in x 8.5 in). The red cast appears to disappear when I set the "Custom" paper size in the Print dialog box. 

My question is-- is there a way to set this size in advance so I don't have to do this manually every time I want to print this document?