You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sometimes I would like to group things in multiple ways. So for instance I may want two elements grouped based on their location, like a brand element placed inside a shape. I may have several shapes with different elements of the brand inside of each. It is convenient to keep their respective spacing as I move each group around. At the same time I may like to group all of the shapes together and/or all of the brand elements inside the shapes together for color and FX changes.

Could it be possible to offer different group types and allow any one element to be placed in two or more different groups? So maybe a color group type and a location group type, for instance.

Actually, maybe groups wouldn't be the best solution. It would be more like linking different elements based on a certain criteria. So if I wanted to move a collection of elements around and keep their relative positions, you could link them based on position (just like current groups work), and if I wanted to change color or FX, etc I can additionally link different elements together and make fast adjustments based on those criteria. It could speed up a lot of branding work when you have set elements and need to rearrange things for a particular application.

I'm also a novice at Designer so I'm sure there are great solutions to this situation that I am unaware of.