You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text causing AD to crash.

Whenever I am working with text and switching through fonts, after a while AD closes and starts up again usually not saving the changes made. There is no way for me to capture this but, this is what happens. I have only noticed it from my end when I use the text/font functions/tools.

I use an iPad (6th Gen) with 32 GB of memory, currently using about 13GB.

Edited by LastGrasp
Added text and corrected typo

Have you recently added any new fonts, either by adding them directly in AD or by installing configuration profiles via the Settings app?

If you scroll slowly through the fonts in the app, you should be able to narrow down the list of suspect fonts.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 7/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, Alfred said:

Have you recently added any new fonts, either by adding them directly in AD or by installing configuration profiles via the Settings app?

If you scroll slowly through the fonts in the app, you should be able to narrow down the list of suspect fonts.

Ahh, I did add font files to designer through my ixpand usb drive. How would I be able to tell?

1 hour ago, LastGrasp said:

Ahh, I did add font files to designer through my ixpand usb drive. How would I be able to tell?

If you can see one of your new fonts just below where you are in the list, and the app crashes when you scroll down a little, it’s very likely that the new font is causing the crash. After AD has crashed, you should be able to find a crash report in the Settings app under ‘Privacy  > Analytics > Analytics Data’: look for a filename of the form 'Designer iPad-YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.ips’, where ‘YYYY-MM-DD’ is a datestamp and ‘hhmmss’ is a timestamp. Use the ‘Share ’ button to save the *.ips file to somewhere such as cloud storage so that you can attach it to a new post in this thread.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)