You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer effects (fx) to add borders

Using Layer effects (fx) to add borders to photos.

I have been using this idea for awhile; however the inside glow disappeared when flattened --- until now . 
“fx” or layer effects --- at the bottom of the layers pallet is 'fx' >click there to open the panel ---- not going into details as there is information online showing or explaining better than I can

Open the Fx panel > click and highlight “outline” > default is black but set as you wish >drag the slider out to suit .
The magic step I learnt by mistake >click and highlight “inner glow” >drag the intensity slide to 100 > drag out radius slider to suit .

There is an adjustable two tone/color border around you photo.
Go the opposite way and use white for outline and black for inner glow ( or any colors
The size of your border will depend on the size of the photo; however layer effects can be adjusted to suit

Make yourself a macro with the above --- I have two macros; one white and black and the black and white

Tip: don't over do borders. The only reason I use white and black; or any border is to separate the photo from background it is viewed on.
The bigger your border the smaller the photo will be on the screen .
It's never a good idea to add a border to serious compositions photos .
If you need a border to “improve” your photo then perhaps the photo is not of interest --- same goes for framing photos to display on the wall . Less is often best

Cheers

Untitled 2.jpg