You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create Master Page from existing Page

The only ways to create a Master page in the current version are to either click Add Master or Duplicate Selected Master from the Master Pages studio.

It would be good to be able to take an existing regular page and be able to drag it or otherwise copy it to the Master Pages list to use it as a basis for a new Master page.

One example where this is useful: Since Publisher cannot open InDesign files, we are forced to import PDFs. Those are all imported as regular pages. If one of more would be a good template for a Master page, the only way to accomplish that is to copy the entire page, create a new blank Master and paste the elements into the new blank.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:00 PM, garrettm30 said:

to being able to define or update text styles based on the current selection.

@ garrettm30, this both, define and update, does work already. – If I select a formatted text and create a new style then all customized properties of my formatting are set already in the options window of the new style. – If I change the formatting of a text selection which has a style assigned then I can do a right-click on the style and choose "Update <style> ".

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1