What are the red dots that appear (sometimes) at opposite corners of a text frame please?

Scouring the Help file proved unsuccessful.

Thanks.

David

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, David.

If you were to select that text frame, you would see that the dots become red triangles, and you would see a red eye icon indicating that the text has overflowed the frame.

You get the red dots, instead, for text frames that are not selected, when you have View > Show Text Flow enabled and the frame has overflowing text. That helps you spot the overflow in frames that are not actively selected, as you look through your document.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Walt - thank you for taking the time to answer this pretty basic question.

I'm sure you're right, but when I clicked on the frame all I could see were the usual blue 'handles' which was no help at all.

I've deleted it, or I'd show you - but thanks, I know now.