You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Crashed

Hi, 

I have had a problem with Designer over the past couple of day where I load an existing file or start from scratch and the program crashed before it completely finished getting to a ready point.  The program just disappeared off screen in an instant.  The error log below is form Windows 10 64bit.

Faulting application name: Designer.exe, version: 1.7.1.404, time stamp: 0x5d05f38b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.207, time stamp: 0xc5943461
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process ID: 0xb3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d542d78b835f91
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Designer\Designer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 2a564ec4-1eaf-4312-91f7-febc70ef5233
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Have used it this morning and all seems well so not sure if this is a glitch or an error? 

Thank you

Regards

Malcolm

I wasn't sure what the crash report looked like as explained above.  I did receive an email from you to my rnsl@btinternet.com account on the 29/7 what does a crash report look like, jpg or txt doc? Not seen either in the folders you sent the link %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports

All a bit confusing :)

• Staff
35 minutes ago, MalcolmC said:

I did receive an email from you to my rnsl@btinternet.com account on the 29/7

What did the email say? I'm confused now...

A crash report is a DMP file, and its name looks like this: 1e00fc3e-0f7d-4ca1-9e7c-6e169d56db2d.dmp

Hi Gabe

The email you sent as below.  But I do not have a ????.dmp file?

Malcolm

GabrielM said:

Hi @MalcolmC,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Can you please attach the crash report? You should find it in %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Thanks,

Gabe. 

• Staff

That is an email sent by the forum to let you know you have a new reply on your thread. You should not be replying to that email as they go nowhere. If you don't have the crash report, there's not much we can do i'm afraid, unless it crashes again and generates a report. If it's not happened again I would not be too worried about it.