You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I deleted a photo that wasn't working out, and now the Resource Manager keeps alerting me that I have a missing linked item. I can't figure out how to go about getting rid of that irritating popup. The Resource Manager seems to have no option for removing the linked item, and I don't know where else to look. Is there a cache to clear or something? Please help! Thanks!

If you are talking about a linked image in an AfPublisher document which you have deleted on disk,  then you could ...
delete the image from the layout to get rid of the missing warning.

Another way to make it stop could be to
feed it with a new link by using the "Replace" button. If you don't have the initial photo anymore you would link to any other resource of cause – and delete that afterwards/optionally.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Good to hear it worked for you. Next time you can't find an image in your layout you can select the item in the Resource Manager and click the button "Locate" underneath. That way your page view in main window will jump to that object and select it.

1 hour ago, LionessLady said:

Yes, I did that. But as I said, the object was a miniscule size so I couldn't see it .

In that case it might help to zoom out. – The object nodes appear larger then, relative to the page size.

Working size:
1395427692_objectnodessize1.jpg.3af01375d65258d8604f0f45ce5fbcad.jpg

Zoom out, 10%
1866819532_objectnodessize2zoomout.jpg.942e3ce52d5644f0388957af960c1499.jpg

Just in case: you also may adjust their size in app preferences:
1376395772_objectnodestoolhandles.jpg.81b03269794050a7b126d406a9ea67d1.jpg

3 hours ago, LionessLady said:

Yes, I did that. But as I said, the object was a miniscule size so I couldn't see it .

Were you looking in the Layers Panel for it, or on the page? The "Locate" button should select the item in the Layers Panel, opening the item's parent object if it is a child of some other layer.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

So I have this problem, the only thing that worked for me was:

I've replaced the image with a magenta square png, I've set the X and Y to 0, I've made the size 100mm x 100mm. It is not visible in the page.

The only remaining way, is to find it in the layer manager, and delete it there.

Absolutely crackers!

As a feature request, we should be able to delete resources from the Resource Manager.