stutes

Affinity Publisher: Scaling Text Box While Resizing Font Size

So I have a layout that has numerous text boxes, that was originally designed for 8.5x11". I want to scale the design down to 5.5x8.5".

How do I scale the text boxes so that when I scale them down, the font is resized automatically?

Currently this is what is happening:
I grab a handle of a text box that contains 12 point font, and scale it down. The text box scales down, but the font within does not. The font stays the same size (12 point), and eventually the words in the textbox simply overflow the textbox, because they no longer fit within the smaller dimensions of the scaled textbox.

What I am trying to achieve:
I grabe a handle of a text box that contains 12 point font, and scale it down. The text box scales down, as does the font within. The font goes from 12 point to whatever is need to keep its layout within the textbox (let's say 9 points). The words in the textbox don't overflow, as they maintain their original layout within the textbox.

Ideally I want to achieve this without converting to curves, as I want to retain the ability to edit the text.