You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Designer 1.7.1.404, running on Win10Pro, v.1903 OS BUild 18.362.239.  Everything has been working well.  Just tried to create some test logos and variations.  Used Artistic Text Tool for the text bits.  On some versions, I used the smoke brushes purchased through Affinity.  Text had the effects of Outer Shadow and Outer Glow.  I tried having the text elements grouped and ungrouped.  The on-screen views looked great.  I saved each version before trying to export.  I viewed the export results in MS Photos, the elements were quite edgy/pixelated.  In MS Paint, Photos and 3D Paint, the images appeared blurry.  In AutoDesk SketchBook, the image was pixelated.  When imported into WORD, the images were quite blurry. 

When I exported the finished versions in svg, jpg and png formats, the results were terrible:  pixelated, edgy, and not of the correct sizing.  In the case of svg exports, the text effects looked odd (squares of shading around each letter - see example attached).  I then tried many versions of removing brushes, changing fonts, removing text effects, starting afresh from scratch, changing resolution (using both 72 and 300 dpi in RGB).

I've never had this issue before, so am really confused as to what is different or what I did wrong.

Could use some input.

Thanks in Advance!

RickyO

Logo 1D - Text Only - Shadowed 1 - 240x100px.afdesign

Logo 1D - Text Only - Shadowed 1 - 240x100px.jpg

Logo 1D - Text Only - Shadowed 1 - 240x100px.png

Logo 1D - Text Only - Shadowed 1 - 240x100px.svg

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
(Still stumbling along given too many directions at any given moment)
Windows10 platform

That's input that I need.

I'm already aware of the results of zooming; and the issues I'm experiencing are independent of those actions. And I sincerely thank you for taking the time.

What your input does help with is narrowing down the issue, and I thank you for that.

Since the images look good for you, it pushes me in the direction of seeing if my problem is due to a graphics card or driver issue; or even the OS.  It is the first time this has happened on this workstation, and among a long list of possible variables, there has been a recent Win10 update, and for some strange reason a request to re-register my copy of Win10Pro.  Very odd - never happened before in the three years it's been installed on this machine and no hardware has been added or swapped-out.  ( I did uninstall some ebook readers I was testing and clean the registry, which may or may not have been related....).  Just as a note, I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with the NVIDIA 24.21.13.9924 version driver, driving ASUS VE258 and VS247 monitors; just in case anyone else may be having similar issues with similar video production.)

Thanks again; and, hoping to hear from others and yourself, who wouldn't mind taking a look at the images.

Edited by RickyO
Grammatical correction for understanding

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2019 at 10:22 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @RickyO,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I don't see any issues with those jpegs. They don't look pixelated at 100%. If you zoom in past 100% zoom, they will be pixelated, but this is expected, as their size is only 240x100px. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thank you for taking the time.  I'll keep working on why just my rig.

RO

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform