You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

i have a fresh windows 10 installation and some fonts ar missing in all affinity applications (photo, designer, publisher). For example "Open Sans" not shown in the applications. The font is installed on windows and can be selected in other programs like word or gimp. I have deleted the windows font cache and restart the pc but nothing changes. On my laptop the font is shown in affinity. I have copied the font files from my laptop and installed it on the pc, same issue. I have restarted affinity after every system change but nothing happens. Can i delete the affinity font cache somewhere. I have installed the latest versions from affinity products. I cannot find any option in the preferences. 

Regards, Timo

• Staff

Hi Timo :)

Sorry to hear this! I've not seen this happen previously in Affinity apps, could you please the following steps outlined in the Microsoft Forums below to see if this helps?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-font-settings-in-windows-10/e3739be7-31e0-4dcd-aa52-2f662e1b8fcf

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

23 hours ago, TimoGElhard said:

Can i delete the affinity font cache somewhere.

Yes, we can:

2099940869_preferencesmiscresetfonts.jpg.fc1af0837643d0e1ac518c85968d724e.jpg

p.s.: unfortunately it is still called "Miscellaneous" instead of "Reset" for instance.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

The Steps from the microsoft forum i have done before but that does not help. 

Hello Thomaso, i dont know on which platform you are working. But on windows 10 my affinity do not have this button in the latest version. I only have five buttons there.