You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: groups disappeared and replaced by pixel layers

I was trying some affinity photo features and I had created a project composed of two groups of levels. Later, I put my PC into sleep mode for lunch without closing affinity photo, but when I woke up my PC all groups had disappeared and replaced by two pixel levels ... Why? A bug?

image.png.705cfcf8ce270f9d31ecada04a7a0b5c.png

Thanks!!! have a nice day!!!

• Staff

Hi ivanozzo :)

Could you please provide a screenshot of your History Studio? Did you use a keyboard shortcut to put your computer to sleep? If so, what shortcut please?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

4 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi ivanozzo :)

Could you please provide a screenshot of your History Studio? Did you use a keyboard shortcut to put your computer to sleep? If so, what shortcut please?

Hi Dan, I don't have the History because I stupidly closed the project and I didn't save the History with the Document. I don't have used a shortcut to sleep my pc, but  during a session I use several keyboard shortcuts:

FN + F7 to sleep my pc

FN + F3 or F4 for keyboard luminosity

FN + F5 or F6 for screen luminosity

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know, none of these shortcuts should have caused this within Affinity, as the FN key isn't mapped in-app.

The app Assistant may have performed this action for you, have you used any raster tools on your group layer? For example if you were to select the group and use the Paint Bush tool, the app will automatically rasterise the layer so that you can paint on it. 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for letting me know, none of these shortcuts should have caused this within Affinity, as the FN key isn't mapped in-app.

The app Assistant may have performed this action for you, have you used any raster tools on your group layer? For example if you were to select the group and use the Paint Bush tool, the app will automatically rasterise the layer so that you can paint on it. 

I've tried some color filters from the menu.

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Using any of the Filters>Colour options will rasterise a group layer, as can be seen in the GIF below -

54455e943ad725fe20ae94902dc01ca9.gif

Please note -

Many thanks!