You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The GRID performance is strange big.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @AndRo Marian,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Grids are drawn by GPU, so it is expected that your GPU usage goes up. It seems that the older(less powerfull) the GPU is, the more it will be used - which is again expected. If we need let's say x amount of processing power, we might get that from 80% GPU usage on an 8year old GPU or 10% GPU usage on a 1-month-old GPU. I tried it with a GT630 which is quite an old GPU and it never went above 20% usage in the same situation as you've shown. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. But in Photoshop i don't have this issue. Is the same GPU as WITH and WITHOUT grid enabled.

I have another post here:

If i make the grid with rectangles the GPU is OK. If i enabled the Build In grid, the GPU is 100% with no points.

How you explain that difference between Build In Grid and custom Grid with Rectangles. Should be the same (Both have the same behavior, rendering, etc). Why this big difference.

The Build In Grid is not Use the GPU correctly.