You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do you mean as you’re typing, while looking at the file, after printing, or exporting?

If you click on the magnifying glass on the left hand tool list what is the percent that appears in the upper left hand corner? If it is more then 100% and I understand what you mean by digital noise you might be zoomed in too far. Or you may have the layer blend mode set to dissolve. 

23 minutes ago, IAmDarthMole said:

Do you mean as you’re typing, while looking at the file, after printing, or exporting?

If you click on the magnifying glass on the left hand tool list what is the percent that appears in the upper left hand corner? If it is more then 100% and I understand what you mean by digital noise you might be zoomed in too far. Or you may have the layer blend mode set to dissolve. 

Definetly after exporting, but it is showing 231 %, although I've never touched that. NOt sure what teh layer blend mode is. Can I just reduce that percentage, (I imagine after highlighting my text)?

3 minutes ago, AKAMERA said:

Thank you,  after exporting, that is showing 231 %, although I've never touched that. Not sure what the layer blend mode is. Can I just reduce that percentage, (I imagine after highlighting my text)? Nope, that simply reduced everything!

Nope, that simply reduced everything. 

10 minutes ago, AKAMERA said:

Definetly after exporting, but it is showing 231 %, although I've never touched that. NOt sure what teh layer blend mode is. Can I just reduce that percentage, (I imagine after highlighting my text)?

Winner Crystal Maria Simmonsuntitled.jpg

When you created the new document what were the dimensions and dpi/ppi?

You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse, after selecting the magnifying glass, to zoom out until you hit 100%

It almost sounds like you may have the dimensions and pixels per inch too low. If you go to the Document menu and then Resize Document what numbers are in the the two boxes with the lock symbol between them and then the number in the DPI box. 

The image you attached looks like an image quality issue not a layer setting issue. I’ll reply with an explanation about layer blending tomorrow with screen shots. 

Final question is do you plan on printing this image or just having it in the web?

50 minutes ago, IAmDarthMole said:

When you created the new document what were the dimensions and dpi/ppi?

You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse, after selecting the magnifying glass, to zoom out until you hit 100%

It almost sounds like you may have the dimensions and pixels per inch too low. If you go to the Document menu and then Resize Document what numbers are in the the two boxes with the lock symbol between them and then the number in the DPI box. 

The image you attached looks like an image quality issue not a layer setting issue. I’ll reply with an explanation about layer blending tomorrow with screen shots. 

Final question is do you plan on printing this image or just having it in the web?

Dimansions: 1200 px/628 px Dpi 72 (all as I've always used for this task).

Resize parameters identical.

It's for web. I created the image in AP from scratch, with only a 'Place' of the image. This is something I do weekly, I've had this issue once before, nothing has changed in the process I use weekly.

9 hours ago, AKAMERA said:

Dimansions: 1200 px/628 px Dpi 72 (all as I've always used for this task).

Resize parameters identical.

It's for web. I created the image in AP from scratch, with only a 'Place' of the image. This is something I do weekly, I've had this issue once before, nothing has changed in the process I use weekly.

Thanks for the information! The font that you are using, is it also the same as the other times?

What are your export settings? Was there a specific step you had to do last time to fix the problem? That might help identify the underlying problem. 

Also, as mentioned by Callum, can you attach a copy of the afphoto file? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Hi Akemara,

Please could you provide the Affinty project file in question?

Thanks

C

Thank you, I provided it to Dev and the problem has been resolved. I was simply not scaling correctly. Not an AP issue. :)

1 hour ago, IAmDarthMole said:

Thanks for the information! The font that you are using, is it also the same as the other times?

What are your export settings? Was there a specific step you had to do last time to fix the problem? That might help identify the underlying problem. 

Also, as mentioned by Callum, can you attach a copy of the afphoto file? 

Thanks!

Thank you, I provided it to Dev and the problem has been resolved. I was simply not scaling correctly. Not an AP issue. :)