You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have the latest version of Affinity Designer 1.7 and I was watching a class on line and that person had another drop down tool with the node tool used for moving center of rotations and my version has no other drop down tool for that - only way to activate it is use the f key when in the node tool. Wondering how to get that drop down in node tool to show?

Expanding and showing that tool is done usually via clicking the little arrow down right under the Node tool ...

If you don't have or see that, then check and customize your tool settings.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If you don't like the way the default Tools panel layout stacks the Node & Point Transform tools in the same icon popup, you can customize the panel so they are separate items. You can do that with all the tools that share the same icon popup, change the number of columns in the panel, change the order thay appear, & even set the panel to dock to the left side or float.

To do that, in the View menu, select the Customize Tools item (not the Customize Toolbar one) & drag items on or off the panel. Note that items with a small triangle in the lower right corner are popups for two or more tools, so you can drag one of them off the panel & replace it with the individual tools.

For example, this shows how I have the Tools panel set currently, with (among others) the Node & Point Transform tools broken out as individual items. The X is over the combined Node & Point Transform tool icon I previously dragged off the panel.

587985763_CustomizeTools.jpg.1c35fdc8255df74690c824a2842dfda4.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7