Why is the image cropped after dragging it from Stock? what do i missing?

(i have this with all images)

Thanks.

1801395661_cropedimage.thumb.gif.3e63baaac1bf7d74de8b47a084eb00b5.gif   1598563732_cropedimage2.thumb.gif.75bcc47707de1cd5893c454d72510697.gif

It’s cropped because the canvas is smaller than the stock image. Choose ‘Clip Canvas’ from the Document menu to clip the canvas to the image so that you can see all of it.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

33 minutes ago, Alfred said:

It’s cropped because the canvas is smaller than the stock image. Choose ‘Clip Canvas’ from the Document menu to clip the canvas to the image so that you can see all of it.

...or, make a higher resolution document ;-)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

That's very handy thanks, Alfred!  Initially, I thought that unless the canvas was in proportion then the image might end up distorted.  However, I did an experiment, where I created a new blank document with the unlikely proportions of 10,000 pixels in height and 3,000 in width.  I then pasted on a 900 x 900 pixel image.  Then did Clip Canvas and it worked just great - all proportions correct.

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 10

Affinity Photo 1.7

Nik Collection

Amd processor 6 Core,  8 Mgs RAM

17 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

...or, make a higher resolution document ;-)

...or, scale the image so that it fits the canvas (supposedly the original canvas/document size is right and imported images will be scaled to it). It is though possible that imported images are interpreted to be 72 dpi and the bounds of the imported image are far far away beyond the canvas area.