You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer systematically opens applications as soon as you save or export files.

Hello,

I am experiencing abnormal since the last update Affinty designer (1.7.1) on Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave).

Affinity Designer systematically opens applications as soon as you save or export files.

For example, as soon as you finish saving a jpg on the desktop, or export from persona, the default application allocate to the format starts and opens the file immediately.

If, for example, I export a PDF, Acrobat Reader launches upon registration and opens the document. Whatever the record folder.

If I export 20 files at a time from Persona mode, Affinty Photo opens 20 files.

I have tested with Affinty Photo, Affinty Publisher and other software (photoshop, indesign…), but none have this behaviour.

Do you have a solution or a track?

Thank you !

Hi antoine-b,

Very strange, I was going to ask whether in relation to your pdf exports opening Acrobat Reader automatically this is because you have the 'Preview export when complete" checkbox ticked... but the fact this is happening with JPEGs doesn't make a lot of sense and I can't immediately think of any reason why this would automatically launch Affinity Photo and why multiple times! I'm not aware of any macOS functionality that would to that other than an Automator script.

Hopefully others can shed some light on this...

preview.thumb.jpg.7a91689788d8d81da2dd7a94e5a4a2bf.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Thank you for your return, the problem is presently this checkbox!

I unchecked the box, exports do not open automatically. It’s good !

However:
When the box is ticked, all exports in all formats, force opening in third-party applications as soon as registration is complete.

Including exports from Persona. I find this operation strange, especially since this check box does not exist anywhere outside the PDF export from the menu > File > export.

A little bug?

Thanks again.

Same here... looks like a little bug... :236_bug:

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse