You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad Storage Size?

Hello,

I’m new to iPad and iOS all together, pretty much just about a month long... but iCloud Backup just gave me a notification that it’s half full already. Upon further inspection, affinity designer is the biggest file i have on my device. I’m thinking that maybe the base app packs a lot or maybe the 23 files I have so far in it is that big combined. Seeing the next app is less than 100mb compared to the size of affinity, and vector file size im used to deal with from illustrator doesn’t go beyond 5mb max. I would like to know if affinity is normal to be this huge of a storage eater? Maybe I’m doing something wrong? Maybe it’s a normal thing? I just need confirmation.

thank you.

F2AC799C-C50F-4FBB-98D0-64FDE1E984DF.jpeg

Affinity Photo, on my IPad Pro, is 1.65 GB.  I upgraded my iCloud storage to 200 GB, $2.99 each month, no annual plan. You can turn off backup for each app.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Hi @Cecil

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess affinity products for iPad really do large storage space, huh? I'm fine with my current icloud plan as I don't have anything much in this device. I just have to be more mindful of backups then.

To be clear, IPad device storage and iCloud account storage are two separate animals.  One you purchased and is contained onboard your iPad. iCloud storage,5 GB, is provided by purchase of product and stores your IPad data, if you allow, to the iCloud, backups, photos, data and settings.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

2 hours ago, maco said:

Hi @Cecil

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess affinity products for iPad really do large storage space, huh? I'm fine with my current icloud plan as I don't have anything much in this device. I just have to be more mindful of backups then.

@maco welcome to the wonderful apple eco system :) but mark my words once you see how amazing iPad is 200GB of storage won’t seem like a lot at all :4_joy:

I’m excited for you to begin this journey cuz there is nothing you can’t design on an iPad. 

3 minutes ago, ClarityDynamic said:

I’m excited for you to begin this journey cuz there is nothing you can’t design on an iPad. 

Thank you @ClarityDynamic! The devise is serving me well so far. I often rely to vector graphics due to the complexity of what you can do with it but still produce a seemingly low file size.

I hope my device storage lasts me a while before it runs out. But with iPad OS in the horizon that supports external storage, i think I’ll be fine. (One of the biggest factor that made me invest on the iPad Pro)

11 hours ago, maco said:

Thank you @ClarityDynamic! The devise is serving me well so far. I often rely to vector graphics due to the complexity of what you can do with it but still produce a seemingly low file size.

I hope my device storage lasts me a while before it runs out. But with iPad OS in the horizon that supports external storage, i think I’ll be fine. (One of the biggest factor that made me invest on the iPad Pro)

If means support, 200 GB iCloud storage is affordable for most for most.  A monthly charge that can be discontinued when IpadOS is released.  Good luck. iPad Peo is a joy.  IpadOS will enable interaction with many storage options.  I will be able to connect to iMac to use a pen tablet.

Cecil