You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using the BETA only?

My 2015 SSD i-mac has just 128 GB storage, which is mostly near the limit. Two versions of Photo will need a lot space: 2.8 GB  the official app (why ist this so big????) and maybe the same GB of my user-settings, brushes, etc...).

BTW: The Beta is "just" 1.2 GB big. And in booth even i set my pathfinder to show invisble files i do not see/find the really big folders????

I mostly use the latest beta, so i could save 2-3 GB if i delete the official version. But is this possible? I guess the BETA is without a valide lincense not runable, and if i delete the official, i will probably lost my registration/licence???? 

Is that so? What can i do? 

And yeah, if say show package in the 1.4 GB of app, i geuss there is lot stuff inside i do not read... what are big files/folders witch i could trash without lost main-functionalitty? I do not need any camera-profiles, any RAW-files, any extra pictures, localisations.... 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Thanks Tom,

yeah, apple itself,  all the osx-native-stuff.... i already know the apple-space-waster... but thnx!

On the other hand, I do not know how Serif is handling its stuff. If i just work with the BETA i would guess, i just need the PLIST of the official version and some other stuff  like here : All what is not checked  - i guess i need. All what its checked... i believe i can delete?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-23 um 17.15.41.png

Before you get carried away there Polygonius you can’t just delete the Photo app from Applications in its entirety as the Beta will still fail to launch.
If you got Photo from the Mac App Store, within the app there are two folders that must be present, where they are for the beta to work;  _MasReceipt and MacOS.
Everything else in there could I suppose be deleted but you do so at your own risk.

If you think you are really that pushed for disc space click the Apple logo and in About This Mac, click the Storage, tab, wait for it to do it’s thing and then click Manage and see if there’s other stuff you could delete.
Also why not get one or more external drives for storing your less essential files and folders on.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Thanks Mark, but for OSX and my own files/" hidden", system-wide-placed...USERstuff... i have better tools than the storage-utillity from apple itself.

But if i got you right you are meaning the selcted folder (just one 1 MB) inside AP(official) i have to  keep, for running the Beta only? (Yes, my official AP is from apple-app-store).

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-23 um 19.10.25.png

Yes, those are the two folders you must keep with their contents exactly where they are. i.e Applications > Affinity Photo > Contents
Whether there’s anything else also required for the beta to run that’s shown in your first screenshot ,that AppCleaner found, I’m not sure but I don’t think so.
As a precaution though, before starting this experiment make sure you have no problems accessing your previous purchases on your Mac App Store account so if needed you can re-download Photo should this all go wrong.
Like I say, it’s at your own risk!

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M