You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I get this too. I found that it seems to be related to the font. If your using Mac, check the fontbook app for errors in the font. Type one fonts can become corrupted over time. In my case it was Mgillsans from monotype which has been hanging around my system from the time I had a Classic2. I switched it to adobe gill sans and that works but I had to sort reflow. The same issue happened with Univers which was also really old. 

First try another font to see if it still happens

Hope this helps.

Out of interest does this error show in acrobat or when you re-open the pdf in affinity? 

• Staff

Hi waynenoel :)

What font are you using please? Could you please provide a copy of your .afdesign file and a screenshot of your export settings? Thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

15 hours ago, tom d said:

I get this too. I found that it seems to be related to the font. If your using Mac, check the fontbook app for errors in the font. Type one fonts can become corrupted over time. In my case it was Mgillsans from monotype which has been hanging around my system from the time I had a Classic2. I switched it to adobe gill sans and that works but I had to sort reflow. The same issue happened with Univers which was also really old. 

First try another font to see if it still happens

Hope this helps.

Out of interest does this error show in acrobat or when you re-open the pdf in affinity? 

Tom, this error shows at all times, in acrobat, mac preview, etc...

12 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi waynenoel :)

What font are you using please? Could you please provide a copy of your .afdesign file and a screenshot of your export settings? Thanks in advance!

Hi Dan,

I'm using the font named "DIN Condensed". I've attached a copy of the .afdesign file, a screenshot of my export settings, and a pdf scramble export example. The export settings don't make much of a difference. The only way I've been able to avoid the scramble/jumbling is a flattened pdf export, but my client doesn't want that.

Business Card Test.afphoto

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 3.30.23 PM.png

Business Card Test.pdf

I am able to export your .afphoto as PDF 1.7 and X-1a (both default presets) without issues from AfPublisher.

Business Card Test X-1a.pdf       /      Business Card Test_v1.7.pdf

So it is possibly a font file issue on your computer?
Try "Reset Fonts" in the app prefs  / or de- and re-activating the font  /  or test it with the attached copy:    DIN Condensed Bold.ttf
(version 9.0 from 2017)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

9 hours ago, waynenoel said:

... corrupt font file? 

Not necessarily. As mentioned it also could be a confused data base, either in macOS or Affinity only. 

In case you still are curios to detect the reason you could ...
1. replace the copy with the failing file again.
2. reboot the mac.
3. test if another app does also produce the issue on PDF export (for instance TextEdit). If not then it's hardly a corrupted font file but rather a data base issue.
4. Then reset font data bases: – at first for Affinity –> if it doesn't solve, then for macOS.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

4 hours ago, thomaso said:

Not necessarily. As mentioned it also could be a confused data base, either in macOS or Affinity only. 

In case you still are curios to detect the reason you could ...
1. replace the copy with the failing file again.
2. reboot the mac.
3. test if another app does also produce the issue on PDF export (for instance TextEdit). If not then it's hardly a corrupted font file but rather a data base issue.
4. Then reset font data bases: – at first for Affinity –> if it doesn't solve, then for macOS.

That was right, I wasn't getting the same results from PDF exports in other apps. So I put the old font file back and reset Affinity's font data base and that fixed it. Thank you for the thorough response Thomaso! :)