You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artistic text to paragraph text and vice versa

Do you like to have this feature of converting artistic text to paragraph text and vice versa?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to have this feature of converting artistic text to paragraph text and vice versa?

• Yes
    • No

On 7/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, ErrkaPetti said:

Although it´s nice to have every functions out there in the software world, but Serif Labs had from the beginning of the Affinity development journey an agenda that the new Suite shouldn't be bloated with to many complicated features (this is my personally opinion)...

A feature to convert artistic text to paragraph text is not something that will make the program 'complicated'... you can say this on every feature.

(its more complicated to create a new text object and to copy paste, from right clicking to select "convert paragraph text"...)

On 7/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, ErrkaPetti said:

That´s why many functions/features still missing in Affinity Designer...

The reason why so many functions are missing, is just becalse its a young program. (there is no ImageTrace etc in Affinity, because the software will be to complicated?)

23 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Many Illustrator/Photoshop users say this about Adobe, it’s many many features, but, the both program there is very heavy to run and runs much slower than Affinity Suite of apps...

I agree. but this few small (but very handy, sometimes) features is not the factor to make the program slow, its more about heavy features, like the "revolving" and 3D options in AI.

I used this "convert artistic text to paragraph text" option a lot in CorelDRAW, it's just a little feature, but sometimes very handy.

• 3 years later...

I'm here today because i'm looking to see if the feature exists because I need it. But, in practice I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. I've always kind of wondered why there isn't just a single text tool with the option to switch easily. To me the "complicated" part is deciding in advance since I very often change where and how many lines, etc... I'm placing the element. I often start as paragraph because I have several lines and then later want to treat the separate lines as their own element. So it seems like just making text, and then deciding/changing how to treat the text later, fits better with my flow.

4 hours ago, Mikester said:

I'm here today because i'm looking to see if the feature exists because I need it. But, in practice I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. I've always kind of wondered why there isn't just a single text tool with the option to switch easily. To me the "complicated" part is deciding in advance since I very often change where and how many lines, etc... I'm placing the element. I often start as paragraph because I have several lines and then later want to treat the separate lines as their own element. So it seems like just making text, and then deciding/changing how to treat the text later, fits better with my flow.

Hi, the ability to convert artistic text to a text frame or vice versa was added in version 2.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)