You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Euroscale Coated v2 Missing as a Colour Format

When creating a new CMYK/8 AD file, Euroscale Coated v2 is missing from the colour format dropdown menu as an available colour format but is available in both AP and APub. However if I create a new CMYK/8 document in either AP or APub and click Edit in Designer, Euroscale Coated v2 is now available as a colour format option in AD if I go to Document Settings/Colour Format.

635619380_CMYKColourProfiles.thumb.jpg.5c276de641343a512e77318156f99e01.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

That's strange, I've got it in AD 404 and 424.

And you've got Generic CMYK profile, this one I only know in QXP, it's not in ID. And a Nikon CMYK profile too.

I didn't installed ISO Coated v2 300% in all the apps (this one replace old Euroscale Coated v2, if I remember well), but now I've got it in the Bêta versions too. Perhaps they're able to memorize new profile if we open a file using it? It seems the apps use/remember more than the installed profiles since they don't appear in all the menus.

2019-07-22_221154_404.thumb.png.93efff8a78fe121f7899ffc5011b0a5c.png2019-07-22_221012_424.thumb.png.037b6ae2e94a1bc189828cf31e8204b8.png

Hi Wosven,

I guess they must be picked up like you say from other software installed on the particular machine. I'd always assumed they were defaults for Affinity programmes but I notice you have Agfa: SWOP Standard in your list which I don't have in mine. The Nikon CMYK is likely because I have a Nikon camera so I assume the profile has been added when connecting my camera?

Even if this is the case I'm unsure why Euroscale Coated v2 is missing from my AD but appears in both AP and APub, hopefully the support team can shed some light on this and how the colour profiles are designed to work?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• 1 month later...