You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Whole Pixels

1 hour ago, SrPx said:

@ChristiduToit , you seem to be having the issue, too. Do you set the experimental tablet precision feature on, or not?. Or you do, but then you get the "calibration off", or better said, the cursor displaced quite a distance to a side ?

I am having the issue - I'm the one who started this thread/post. :)
I didn't have the cursor displacement issue, but I am on an iMac, so perhaps it's an issue that specific to Windows.
To my understanding, the "High Tablet Precision" preference option was a test, and was removed from the latest versions of Affinity software because it was not working as intended.

1 minute ago, ChristiduToit said:

sorry, I didn't pay enough attention (didn't focus on the avatar or nick), I was thinking you were a newcomer to the thread.  :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

28 minutes ago, ChristiduToit said:

I didn't have the cursor displacement issue, but I am on an iMac, so perhaps it's an issue that specific to Windows.
To my understanding, the "High Tablet Precision" preference option was a test, and was removed from the latest versions of Affinity software because it was not working as intended.

Er.... nope ? I mean... I recon I was on the previous 1.72.x yet.... but I just upgraded to PHOTO 1.73, and the preference is yet there, in Edit/preferences/tools/"High Precision tablet input(experimental)".  Removing it would be terrible, as then would be impossible to draw smooth lines or do accurate lasso selections. I totally understand if they remove it once they revamp the brush and tablet input system, but not before. I mean, with that on, I'm able to paint and draw comfortably with Photo (even if I tend to do so with another app and then import).

I'm in Windows. Maybe you are having the issue because you can't activate the feature, as is not present in the Mac version ? I had no idea that it had been removed on the mac (if that's so). Maybe it has some issue (if left activated) in the Macs.

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

1 minute ago, SrPx said:

Er.... nope ? 

I'm in Windows. Maybe you are having the issue because you can't activate the feature, because is not present in Mac version ? I had no idea that it has been removed on the mac. Maybe it has some issue (if left activated) in the Macs.

Ah, I must have misunderstood. 

Yeah, I would love to have the High Tablet Precision preference on Mac. I think it would make a huge difference.
In fact, I think that it should just come standard - I mean, who would ever want low tablet precision?! :7_sweat_smile:

I believe is just that it is a sort of patch, a temporary fast fix,  for the problem, not a proper solution. Also, some trick that I like to use does not work when this is activated, but I do very much prefer to have this feature than the trick for some workflow, which I can replace in many ways. Tablet accuracy, I can't, so, it is a must.