You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Background colour

41 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Hmmmm...

I don’t understand what message you will present here with this video?

You don’t have to draw a square to make a background, you just create a pixellayer, flood fill it with appropriate color, lock the layer... Not that complicated for a grown man...

@ErrkaPetti Could you not have posted this is your previous comment (minus the insult) Instead of being so ambiguous? There is still the matter of, if you’ve already started painting (new document) you have to then to create a new pixel layer for the background, fill it, move it, lock it. 

This is just a feedback/suggestions post on user experience of other drawing programs like Procreate, Sketchbook etc and how they work differently, with a set background that is not part of your work, can’t be moved, locked, no edits made to it and such.

7 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

But why can’t you edit your background? It’s there, you can unlock it, change it’s color or switch to a paperlike texturize background, etc etc...

Insult? I don’t like people that vining about petisesses in this great software, that’s why... My excuse...

Thank you for the tip on pixel layer fills for use as a background. The background in a painting program works more like a canvas of a painting, you can give it a set colour but that is it. You can still create new layers on top and fill them with colour to edit.

‘Vining’ sorry i’m not familiar with that word.

I still think you could be less harsh with your reply's (even if pettiness annoys you) politeness cost nothing, a simple ‘ But you can also do it this way’  would have been enough.