You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tiled printing in Affinity Publisher

I'm trying to print a poster, tiled across multiple A4 or A3 sheets.

PagePlus X7 ( where I'm migrating from ) had some useful templates which tiled the output automatically.

Can anyone tell me how ( or indeed if ) I can do this in Affinity Publisher, please ?

Thanks,

• Staff

Hi Derry,

In the print menu if you set the Range and Scale dropdown to Document Layout you should see a Mode dropdown appear. Here you can set the print to tiled.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 years later...

I'm trying to print an A4 poster, scaled up to A1. I used to be able to do this very easily in PagePlus X9, but it doesn;t seem to work in Affinity Publisher. I've found the the tiled printing settings, but it doesn't matter waht I do, it still prints as A4 size on A3 paper. Unfortuantely, the inbuilt help only mentions that yo can print tiled, but not how.

I've scaled up my document by 275%, (which is what I needed to do in PagePlus), I've set paper size to A3 and model to Tiled, but it just will not print in the scaled up size. 

This works perfectly in PagePlus, but I really don't want to, and shouldn't have to, start again and recreate my poster in PagePlus. 

Thanks,

David

25 minutes ago, DavidK said:

I'm trying to print an A4 poster, scaled up to A1. I used to be able to do this very easily in PagePlus X9, but it doesn;t seem to work in Affinity Publisher. I've found the the tiled printing settings, but it doesn't matter waht I do, it still prints as A4 size on A3 paper. Unfortuantely, the inbuilt help only mentions that yo can print tiled, but not how.

I've scaled up my document by 275%, (which is what I needed to do in PagePlus), I've set paper size to A3 and model to Tiled, but it just will not print in the scaled up size. 

This works perfectly in PagePlus, but I really don't want to, and shouldn't have to, start again and recreate my poster in PagePlus. 

I think this should work (but I haven't tried it):

1. You should set your document size to the final output size you want (A1). If you're in Publisher (as this thread is about), that will probably be the Spread size set in the Spread Manager.
  2. In the Print dialog, set the actual paper size you're using (A3?).
  3. Set the other options for Tiling.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Attached an image from something I would call a proper tiling function just using the scaling inside the printing dialogue without scaling the document itself. The Affinity tiling function is - very politely said - ... half-baked.

EDIT: My advice = Export as PDF and print from e.g. Acrobat Pro / Reader? / Foxit Reader

tiling.jpg

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You should set your document size to the final output size you want (A1)

Why that? I'd just increase the output "Scale" value. That is the way the print size gets set, correct? Imagine you would have to adjust the documents contents for every different print size. Sounds weird, doesn't it?

But unfortunately the scale option in the print dialog gets simply ignored as soon I switch from "Single" to "Tiled". – This appears to be a bug.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 7/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, Callum said:

In the print menu if you set the Range and Scale dropdown to Document Layout you should see a Mode dropdown appear. Here you can set the print to tiled.

@Callum, fwiw, I placed a bug report:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1