You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've created a design having text with effects. When I go to save the design, the text is blurry. I can't for the life of me figure out why, when I save this design, every format saves blurry. It's only the text and I am assuming it have something to do with the effects I've used on the text. I have attached an .afdesign and a .png file for you to see what I'm talking about. I'm guessing it's going to be something really simple but I'm pulling my hair out here. Thanks in advance!!

Facebook_Banner.afdesign

Facebook Banner.png

• Staff

Hi GasCan Studios :)

Any object with fx applied to them will be rasterised on export. Could you please confirm what export settings you've used for your PNG? You may find that increasing the pixel size of the document and resampling the objects to match this will produce a less pixelated export image.

I've tried to open your .afdesign file, however I'm receiving an error message that the file is truncated. Could you please try uploading the file to the following link?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/ZossEsJyfMqaBi4VTkAe

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Dan,

Thank so much for you help with this! I've tried a few different .png settings. All with the same results. I'll look back and see if I can identify if any really worked better than others. I am downloading the .afdesign file to your Dropbox now. I will try to increase the pixel size and see if it works. Fingers crossed.

James

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

Any object with fx applied to them will be rasterised on export. Could you please confirm what export settings you've used for your PNG

Some fx will keep vector.. outer shadow for example needs not to rasterise the object as it is above the shadow. But of course exporting to PNG will rasterise all. OP is probably more worried about the quality of rasterisation, the text looks a bit soft in the example.

• Staff

Thanks for your file James, I opened your file and before increasing the size of your document I selected a layer with fx applied, opened the fx panel and ticked 'Scale with object' - repeat this for all objects with fx applied. Then I used File>Document setup to increase the size of your design, I increased the size x3 (so 820px became 2460px and 360px became 1080px).
Before applying, make sure Objects are set to Rescale and change the Resample option to Lanczos 3 Separable - as below:

image.png

I then exported the document using the PNG export preset, to create the following file - 

James Gaskins - Facebook Banner.png

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!