You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good evening :-)

I do transit maps (diagrams) for fun in my spare time to relax.

Here is my interpretation of the Bern trolleybus and tram network.

Bern Trolleybus and Tram Network

Feedback is welcome.

Have a nice start of the week tomorrow!

Chris 

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Nice work. I'll be in Vienna next month... what about a map for this city before I get there . It would be nice if a "light opacity" image of the city was over it. It would show wich station to get off (or on) for different places or important places to see in the city. But don't worry.... I'll be there anyway.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

10 minutes ago, AlainP said:

I'll be in Vienna next month... what about a map for this city before I get there .

Like this one?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

7 hours ago, AlainP said:

Nice work. I'll be in Vienna next month... what about a map for this city before I get there . 

Thank you, @AlainP! :-)

As @Alfred already pointed you to my Vienna map I only have to add my version shows also not yet existing lines and configurations (U5 for example is underconstruction and U2 goes to Karlsplatz till the U5 is finished).

7 hours ago, AlainP said:

It would be nice if a "light opacity" image of the city was over it. It would show wich station to get off (or on) for different places or important places to see in the city. But don't worry.... I'll be there anyway.

I know what you mean but I am actually only interested in showing the transit routes without a real city map behind it - would be to much information and overwhelming. But don't worry there are local maps at every station showing what's around.

The official ubahn map by Wiener Linien is also in a similar style like mine but additionally showing the sbahn in the Vienna/Wien area too (commuter train network).

And also there are city maps with tram, bus, ubahn. :-) 

My suggestion for a nice sightseeing ride with public transport is taking the Vienna Ring Tram from Schwedenplatz (that's the tourist tram) - or you just can take lines 1 and 2 which do the same but with noch extra fare and normal modern streetcars (just have to combine their Ring sections for a full circulation). The tram takes you around the city center on the so-called Ringstraße which is the main circular boulevard with many beautiful buildings - like the Parlament (Parliament, under renovations now), Rathaus (city hall), Universität (University), Votivkirche (church), Börse (stock exchange), Museum der angewandten Kunst (MAK) (Appplied Art Museum), Oper (State Opera) etc. 

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

PS: 

@AlainP, @Alfred

that's the ubahn situation right now in Wien/Vienna:

wienu4.thumb.jpg.e5a3fee9ba1072a07cf43dcd1c1d8e01.jpg

I understand the kind of work it really means. Thank you very much for the transport informations.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

On 7/21/2019 at 10:44 PM, ChrisSmere said:

Good evening :-)

I do transit maps (diagrams) for fun in my spare time to relax.

Here is my interpretation of the Bern trolleybus and tram network.

Bern Trolleybus and Tram Network

Feedback is welcome.

Have a nice start of the week tomorrow!

Chris 

Nice work!!! What fonts did you used? and what about Rome transit map?

8 hours ago, ivanozzo said:

Nice work!!! What fonts did you used? and what about Rome transit map?

Thank you so much :-) Mille grazie!

The font is called "Teko" and is to be found under this link. 

Rome is on my list but not to be done anytime soon. Have to much to do before.

PS:
But I have done a future Milano transit map already:

and Venezia (Mestre):

and Trieste:

and Firenze:

and a future Torino map:

:-) Roma might join them in the future!

Chris

9 hours ago, Roger C said:

... and each one is a masterclass, showcasing a variety of design styles.

thank you so much, @Roger C! :-) Really appreciate your feedback!!!

Indeed, I am in the phase of trying different styles and design languages. And also each city and network speaks to me in another way which results in different styles.

:-) by the way: do you know a city I should interpret in one of my styles?

Off the top of my head I was going to suggest Tokyo, but that would be an insane challenge that would take forever: the metro stops would have to be as crammed as the commuters!:74_japanese_goblin:

How about somewhere split by water? Have you tried Istanbul? Plenty of variety there.

Whichever you choose will look good, I suspect.

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

On 7/26/2019 at 10:48 AM, Roger C said:

Off the top of my head I was going to suggest Tokyo, but that would be an insane challenge that would take forever: the metro stops would have to be as crammed as the commuters!:74_japanese_goblin:

How about somewhere split by water? Have you tried Istanbul? Plenty of variety there.

Whichever you choose will look good, I suspect.

Tokyo might be the most difficult. Istanbul could be better suited and could be done quicker. :-) Will look into that - but only after my vacation at the end of August.

Thanks again, @Roger C!