You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Digital art

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Hi Josie,

I think you sent the Affinity Support team a private email regarding this we should reply to it soon I recommend only posting in one place to avoid us getting mixed up/confused :)

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

17 hours ago, Josie said:

How do I put a donut and a cat together

Please see our discussion about this from a couple of months ago:

It would help enormously if you were to create a separate thread for each project instead of asking about multiple projects in a single thread and/or creating multiple threads about the same project(s).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

When I try to put the cat in the middle of the donut this is what I get, what am I doing wrong I don’t get this, I either get the cats head cut off or something else.

so what are the exact steps of putting a cat in the middle of a donut using images and digital art?

using the iPad 

Thanks 

Josie

9066E35B-71CC-43C1-BBCD-19D3B856AF1E.jpeg.1f8d865569d75ff686334e2a879e123d.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Josie said:

When I try to put the cat in the middle of the donut this is what I get, what am I doing wrong I don’t get this, I either get the cats head cut off or something else.

I don’t see any images here (in Safari on iPad). I just see four tiny grey squares after the word “wrong”.

so what are the exact steps of putting a cat in the middle of a donut using images and digital art?

A piece of digital art is an image! Do you mean “photos and digital art”? :/

using the iPad

As mentioned in your other threads, when you post to the ‘Affinity on iPad Questions’ forum it’s a given that you’re using the iPad version of an Affinity app. What isn’t always obvious is which particular app you’re using (i.e. Designer or Photo) so that’s the important thing to specify.

Alfred spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Josie said:

What is a non transparency fill?

Josie, are you following some type of tutorial? Can you post it here so we can see what it is your trying to do?

Also can you keep you posts to this one thread, you don’t need to message me, I have notifications on and see your replays here. 

@Josie I made a quick video tutorial on how to do it in Designer. I am using a PC, but I think it still gets the point across, since I am not using any shortcuts. As long as you find the buttons and commands on your iPad for invert pixel selection and Blend Options (if you're using the black cat) you should be able to follow along.

Anybody know how to do a tutorial for putting a cat in the middle of a donut on an iPad Pro? I can’t figure it out. It’s taking me all day and night to figure it out, so it would help if it was explained step by step and in a video. HELP PLEASE this is something I’ve been wanting to know how to do with images but can’t figure it out.

0C0B7B7A-53E6-4E86-B178-7F589414A3D9.jpeg

58B1C84D-8E91-416A-9A04-EA17A897BBED.jpeg

A04637A4-6DAD-40CE-A336-EE49CEAAB915.png

86E613AA-6E94-4E07-A2E7-9FEC567A6C2F.png

B44EC394-0D4D-4325-BE58-81E94C7BFA0F.jpeg

6A5831E4-9B1B-4C77-912D-E0CD3EDBBFC3.png

6226D362-354E-4589-90F5-9F750DF07180.jpeg

1 hour ago, Josie said:

please explain how to do this step by step so it

1 hour ago, Josie said:

Will look like the picture

As I recall mentioning on a previous occasion, Josie, there’s an ‘Edit’ link for you to use if you’ve missed something out.

Anyway, back to your question: with all such designs, you need two copies of the object that sits partially at the back. So, place a donut picture on the canvas, copy it to the clipboard and position a cat picture on top, and paste the donut from the clipboard. The second donut will be exactly on top of the first one, which is what you need, but you only want the right-hand half to remain visible. Cover that half with a suitable shape and then move the second (i.e. upper) donut layer to the masking nesting position so that it gets clipped to the new shape and the unwanted portion disappears from view.

Edited by Alfred
Corrected terminology

Alfred spacer.png

It might be better if you were to show me a video of you trying to do it, so I can see where you’re running into difficulties. Just follow the steps I described, and see how you get on!

Alfred spacer.png