You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about blend ranges and blend modes.

I made the following picture from sequence of 2 bird flying.48332111386_7bae148cf1_k.thumb.jpg.7ed8d4f9a414773dcc754ea5e3bd943f.jpg

I used rectangular marquee tool + Select-Smooth to blend them a little better to the picture, just to show that autofocus is working.

Is there a way to use blend ranges or blend modes to get faster/better blending?, I am total noob with using them.

• Staff

Hi iHarri,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please upload a copy of your .afphoto file so I can offer advice specific to this image? Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem, please upload it to the following link!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/tK7GZ08zVgsYCEf8s0YU

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that, please see the below screen recording showing the best method I found for this specific piece, it certainly helps to blend the 'halos' around each bird, however it also does remove some of the white/contrast from the wings of the birds, so you might need to try various adjustments after blending to make sure you're happy with the image composition - I hope this helps!

PS. Your work is incredible, I'm certainly jealous of the landscapes you have access to!

Please note -

Many thanks!