You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing EXIF data on CRW open

Representative (older) Canon RAW file (CRW) attached. This does not appear to happen with CR2 files.

• Open this attached file in APh macOS 1.6.11, develop (no changes), see EXIF data available in the studio inspector
  • Do this same operation in 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 beta and the EXIF data is missing

The RAW engine is set to Apple in each of these cases.

138_3824.CRW

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi Brad,

I'll get this logged for you. Thanks and sorry. 

So here's my question on this one -- without the exif data (specifically lens info) on the older files (I have a decent archive of them) lens correction and panoramic stitching will be degraded, right? This won't impact me daily but knowing what's up may save me some time as I do go back to the older images periodically.

Thanks!

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

• 2 weeks later...