Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download ZIP: Download
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the second beta of Affinity Photo 1.7.2 for macOS.
If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.
This beta is an incremental update to the 1.7.1 version recently released to all customers. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.
Affinity Photo Team
Changes This Build
- Added TGA export.
- Added “Remove Black Matte” and “Remove White Matte” filters.
- Shadows and highlights filter can now use either the 1.6 or 1.7 method.
- Flood fill too can now sample from layers beneath etc. Also supports blend modes.
- Flood select tool can now sample from all layers.
- Added keyboard nudge support to the crop tool.
- Added align and distribute toolbar button groups to Photo.
- Different icon for beta builds.
- Cancelling a crop will now preserve the “drag to set crop” state properly.
- Added a warning when deleting a global colour.
- Improvements to compositing performance with Metal compute enabled.
- General improvement to filter responsiveness.
- Improved clone brush responsiveness and fixed a couple of crashes.
- Assorted metadata improvements.
- Saving a JPEG will now replace the EXIF::Subject field with the document title.
- Restore support for .fff files.
- Prevent access to tone mapping / develop when recording a macro (the result would never be recorded).
- Improved the performance of median, blur brush with Metal compute.
- Fixed broken Japanese keyboard input (sorry!).
- Fixed printing CMYK documents on older versions of macOS.
- Fixed sporadic tile issues when painting with Metal compute enabled.
- Fixed crash when reentering export dialog under certain conditions.
- Fixed crashes when pasting screenshots into the app.
- Fixed some crashes on GPUs with 32GB of VRAM (!).
- Fixed vibrance slider in tone mapping.
- Fixed Lightroom data being stripped from Capture One XMP output.
- Fixed loss of legacy HSL adjustment HSV state after a save.
- Fixed batch job crashes when saving to .afphoto.
- Assorted small fixes and improvements.
- Help improvements.
- Localisation improvements.
Changes Since 1.7.1
- Selection refinement - performance and stability improvements.
- Fixed clone brush issues when sampling from current layer & below.
- Inpainting performance improvements.
- Import 16bit half float JPEG-XR files properly.
- Allow .jxr files to be dragged in.
- Text performance improvements.
- Improved LAB colour conversions.
- Fixed healing brush bugs.
- Fixed badly placed stepper buttons in tone mapping UI.
- Pantone palettes are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed crash when starting app in a folder containing weird characters.
- Fixed yellow colour cast on certain DNG files.
- Fixed 360 degree images losing metadata on export.
- Localisation improvements.
To be notified about all future macOS beta updates, please follow this notification thread
To be notified when this Photo update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Affinity Photo on macOS customers, please follow this thread