You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I haven't tried this with Picture Frame Ellipse Tool. The scenario: 2-page spread with one 2-page background photo in a frame and several embedded photos inside Picture Frame Rectangles. I want some of the photos / frames to overlap so I move them into place and note that one frame (selected) is behind another. So I Arrange / Move Forward One. Nothing - the frame is still behind another. So I repeat Arrange / Move Forward One. Nothing. After several failed attempts to get the frame to move forward, I try to Arrange Move to Front. That works.

The same happens when using Move Back One. Nothing appears to happen after several attempts and I must use Move to Back instead. The problem with that is that there is a framed background photo across the 2-page spread so the photo is moved behind that background and disappears. Then I have to go to great lengths to get things straight again since Move to Front is the only thing that will work visibly, I must, instead, deal with the second photo - Move to Front.

My observation is that there are three layers of frames, then: the background, and two photos overlapped together. Basically you can move one photo to the back and it disappears, then you can move it forward ONE to become visible in front of the background. But moving forward one more time will not move the frame on top of the other smaller photo. It appears, then, that AFPUB thinks the two smaller photos are at the same layer since nothing happens. But Move to Front does work.

My point in mentioning this is that the Move Forward One and Move Back one never seem to actually, reliably DO anything visible - I suspect that they are partially broken as I have see this problem over many months in beta and in the published version.

Watch your layers panel while you do the move forward/backward. You'll see them moving up and down in the list, depending on what else is in the layers panel you may have to move up several times to get to an upper layer of another picture frame.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 months later...