You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatches and Gradient Map adjustment

Hi All, 

I've saved several gradients into an Application Palette (Hillshade) and now I would like to use these gradients in the Gradient Map Adjustment, but I noticed that you can't use these gradients directly in the Gradient Map Adjustment... or i'm doing something wrong? Is this possible? If yes, could someone tell me how to do that?

image.thumb.png.a3aa01c641fb27dac1b095fc5356c648.png

image.png.1b96a5fd43e10e57c63bce5a9fed8130.png

Thanks!!! Have a nice day!!! :)

2 hours ago, ivanozzo said:

I've saved several gradients into an Application Palette (Hillshade) and now I would like to use these gradients in the Gradient Map Adjustment, but I noticed that you can't use these gradients directly in the Gradient Map Adjustment... or i'm doing something wrong? Is this possible? If yes, could someone tell me how to do that?

Unfortunately you can’t use gradient swatches in Gradient Map adjustment layers.

Your options are to:

A) Create a Gradient Map and then click the ‘Add Preset’ button in the Gradient Map dialogue box. This will add it as a preset in the Adjustment panel, allowing you to use it again later.

B) Record creating a Gradient Map with a macro and then save the recorded macro in the macro library.

I’m currently saving my Gradient Maps as macros in the macro library. The reason being is the Adjustment panel doesn’t allow users to export those presets—and re-creating them again is a PITA. Therefore, although it’s not ideal and it's cumbersome, at least it’s possible to export macros to back them up and re-import them again.

I’ve posted about it previously at the link below, but the situation is currently still the same:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/37341-affinity-photo-ability-to-importexport-gradients-for-gradient-maps/

001.thumb.png.8260dacba920c96fd82be7d7d0ddf9bb.png

10 hours ago, - S - said:

Unfortunately you can’t use gradient swatches in Gradient Map adjustment layers.

Your options are to:

A) Create a Gradient Map and then click the ‘Add Preset’ button in the Gradient Map dialogue box. This will add it as a preset in the Adjustment panel, allowing you to use it again later.

B) Record creating a Gradient Map with a macro and then save the recorded macro in the macro library.

I’m currently saving my Gradient Maps as macros in the macro library. The reason being is the Adjustment panel doesn’t allow users to export those presets—and re-creating them again is a PITA. Therefore, although it’s not ideal and it's cumbersome, at least it’s possible to export macros to back them up and re-import them again.

I’ve posted about it previously at the link below, but the situation is currently still the same:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/37341-affinity-photo-ability-to-importexport-gradients-for-gradient-maps/

001.thumb.png.8260dacba920c96fd82be7d7d0ddf9bb.png

Thanks! I will try today :)