You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Slice Export

What about ...

PUB.png

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

9 minutes ago, mcrone said:

Thank you! Here I was hoping that the studio link was an all in one solution! And sorry, I didn't mean to repost, I searched for slice in publisher but couldn't find anything on the forum.

Thanks for the solution in the meantime Rick G.

There was another post that waxed a bit angry about Publisher not containing all the tools of Photo or Designer. Studio link apparently is more for corrections and some adjusting. The "heavy lifting" is better done within the respective programs first. That being said studio link is quite robust

Glad that helped

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• 1 year later...

A simple workaround is to

• Go the Designer Persona
  • Draw a rectangle with no fill and no border over the area you want to export
  • Keep it selected and click Export
  • In the Area dropdown box, select Selection Area
  • Click Export

Of course this doesn't offer the same as the slice thing, but for a single export it works fine. I use it to create packshots from bookcovers I design, so that the back of the cover and the bleed aren't in the final packshot.

• 6 months later...

I would love this ability.  There are many times I would like to export just portions of a Publisher document.  I'm able to do it one at a time, but when there are multiple  portions I want to export, this becomes tedious.  I would also love to be able to link to a slice within a Publisher document (much the way you can link to an artboard in Designer).