You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

8 hours ago, Alfred said:

It seems to depend on the interface language

Thanks for that.  Back in the Serif Plus series days, I seem to recall that updating from within the product didn't always update the help file, where as a full download and re-install did.

I had wondered whether it might be something similar.  Didn't think about different language versions.

My installation of Affinity Photo was indeed set on English (United Kingdom). Now having tried with it set to English (United States) I can confirm the Histogram in the Help file changed to the one Walt showed in his post.

Frankly I'm not a fan of the "spikey" type graph, particularly when it is so small. I like the simpler smooth curve :)

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

7 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Didn't think about different language versions. :)

It seems odd enough that there are different images for the two flavours of English, but I tried switching to French last night (or this morning, for you!) and found that there was no image at all.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

As this topic continues, I would like to see the Histogram update when one is in cropping mode to assist cropping, such as eliminating excessive sunlight or shadows.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

2 hours ago, Greyfox said:

Frankly I'm not a fan of the "spikey" type graph, particularly when it is so small. I like the simpler smooth curve :)

By default, the histogram displays a quick, coarse approximation of the curves (because it can take a while to display the exact ones). But if you click the small yellow triangle in the histogram, it will compute the more accurate one. (You may need to wait a few seconds for the computation to finish & the display to update.)

Also, you can drag the Histogram panel out so it floats, & at least in the Mac version you can drag out its width so it won't be so small. For example, on my 27" iMac, I have it set to float & use around 815 px of screen width:

1351545057_widefloatingHistogram.jpg.74eaee33371362e97185340b996cf244.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

16 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Also, you can drag the Histogram panel out so it floats, & at least in the Mac version you can drag out its width so it won't be so small.

Also works on Windows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

I've logged the help file image inconsistencies (both different and missing images) with our documentation team and this should be updated shortly - many thanks for bringing this to our attention :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

if you click the small yellow triangle in the histogram, it will compute the more accurate one.

Thank you @R C-R

Yes, after clicking on the triangle, and after a brief delay the histogram changes to a "smooth" version. I had completely forgotten that.

It only stays in that mode however whilst the cursor remains in the histogram panel. As soon as the cursor leaves the panel it reverts to the "spiky" and presumably more responsive mode.

Expanded Histograms.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

That blue just jars doesn't it.

1715495402_ScreenShot2019-10-07at15_46_56.png.0e95eb23fe0dee074133c6fcd785d608.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 2 weeks later...

Can we please bring back the white version as it is on ipad? Remember, some users may have some spectrum of colourblindness and two blue colours won’t be helpful. People don’t see colours the same way. I hate that I must think cow few seconds to distinguish which blue is which.

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu