You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

An easier path to selecting objects after using a tool

Hello,

I've just migrated from Page Plus to AP and one action I find annoying is selecting objects in a page after having used a tool. For instance, if I select the text frame tool and create a frame and afterwards I click on an image outside the frame  - which I would do to select this image on Page Plus - I end up creating another text frame over this image. The "ESC" key will not cancel the use of the tool, I must manualy click on the "Node" tool to begin selecting. Lots of time wasted on a mundane task that I use every other minute while working.

If that is just the way it is, it seems counterintuitive to me. I believe users who click on an image after having created a text frame are more often trying to select that object than trying to create a new frame over it, so I leave this suggestion for improvement.

But for me it seems impossible no one has complained about it so far, so I must be doing something wrong. Please advice.

Thank you

Edited by Liegemg