You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

I am used to being able to check the black point and the white point per color in the diagram when I change the tonal value per color channel in RGB mode. Is this also possible in the iPad?

On the desktop this is perfectly possible with the tonal value correction!

Thanks for a tip

• Staff

Hi PhoDesPub :)

Which specific adjustment are you referring to please? Or are you referring to the Histogram and the Channels Studio? Unfortunately I'm not 100% on what you mean when you say 'possible with the tonal value correction' as this isn't an adjustment name/type.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Sorry I didn't answer until now, but I was out of the house.

I have now changed the language on the desktop to English and hope to use the correct expressions.

On the desktop there is the Adjustment Layer "Curves". There you can see the histogram at RGB for the master, red, green and blue channel. Now you can set each color for itself corresponding to the histogram, so that the maximum brightness and darkness value per channel corresponds to the histogram.

Is there such a thing on the iPad? The combination of the color channel setting and the simultaneous display of the histogram?

On the iPad, under Adjustments Studio, in the opened window, I found several entries at the very top. For example also Curves. But under this point there is nothing to see, just an empty black window, although I have loaded a jpeg image.

• Staff

Not to worry! :)

You can control each channel (Master, Red, Green, Blue & Alpha) separately in the curves adjustment on the iPad, however the histogram view for the curves adjustment will always show the Master channel, regardless of which channel you're editing.

I've attached a quick video below showing this, I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

...however the histogram view for the curves adjustment will always show the Master channel, regardless of which channel you're editing.

That's a pity. Because to work with the curves, you should also see the changes per channel in the histogram. And it is not necessary to just bend the curve, but rather to shift the end of the curve horizontally. 
Just like you can do it in the AP on the PC. 
Maybe this will happen on the iPad!

But now another question, as you can see in the picture. Simply this sequence of 1, then 2 several times until you come to the title 3 curves. But now the area with the ? is empty. What didn't I understand?

IMG_0185.PNG

• Staff

I understand, hopefully support for this will come in a future update to the iPad!

Thanks for your screenshot, this is a known bug in the current iPad version and should be fixed in our next update. In the meantime we recommend using the master 'Adjustments' list and scrolling through until you find Curves, as in my screen recording. Apologies for any inconveniences here!

Please note -

Many thanks!

18 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for your screenshot, this is a known bug in the current iPad version and should be fixed in our next update.

Is it actually a bug? I thought the reason for the area being empty was simply that there are no default presets for Curves adjustments (unlike, say, Exposure adjustments).

On a side note, the Exposure presets are poorly arranged: ‘-2 Stops’ should be at the top of the list.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Is it actually a bug?

Apologies, it was logged as a bug and then closed as 'by design', you're correct in saying this space is for Presets only, so the space will be empty until you have added your own - thanks!

4 minutes ago, Alfred said:

the Exposure presets are poorly arranged: ‘-2 Stops’ should be at the top of the list.

Agreed, this is logged as an improvement already :)

Please note -

Many thanks!