You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cropping / moving by values (and two bugs maybe)

My first steps in Publisher got me the feeling that the work is more or less a rule-of-thumb estimate. Cropping images / vectors and moving images inside picture frames are still an example.

First example: Create a picture frame and place an image inside. Image should be bigger than the picture frame. Now I want to move the image inside the frame 2,35 mm to the left. How? I can move it manually, but not by value.

First example not really a bug: Serif really loves to handle everything from the center. :D  In the transform panel upper left handle is selected. Now change the scale of the image from the context bar e.g. to 200%. The scaling is not done from upper left, but from the center.

Second example: Create e.g. a circle. Now click the crop tool. Again you can only crop the object manually and not by values. Using the transform panel would be easier and more precise.

Second example not really a bug: Create e.g. a circle and crop it a little bit from the top. Move it to a guide line and it snaps correctly to this guide line. Now do a negative crop - meaning push the top crop handle a little bit over the top of the circle and deselect the circle. The negative cropped circle snaps also to the guide lines at the negative cropping. Cropping means cutting, so there could be in terms of the word no negativity? Or at least, that the cropping rectangle vanishes, when the cropping is negative. Secondly why am I able to give the cropping rectangle a fill and a stroke? Filling does nothing to the cropping rectangle, but making the stroke thicker for the cropping rectangle has an impact on the cropped object.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed