You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App crashing every 10 minutes

I was almost about to consider this as a switch for most of my graphic design work. The app keeps crashing constantly while I'm doing simple things like just moving groups of shapes or trying to eyedrop a color.

Is this from a bad update? Is there a way to roll back the version? Even while trying to save continually I'm losing a lot of precious time and having to redo things over and over and over again.

• Staff

Hey jacobhalton,

I would really appreciate a crash report if you could attach one. This will give us a big clue as to where you're crashing. We can then find out if this is a known issue and suggest a possible workaround or if it's a new bug that needs fixing. 

You can go to Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/Crash Reporter and attach the most recent ones from there or just make it crash again and once you see the crash report dialog appear, just click+drag the icon on its toolbar to your desktop and attach that. 

• Staff

Hey Serioja, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

It looks like this crash may be document specific. Without asking dev to look I cannot be sure. Can you offer any clues as to what you were doing when you got the crash or is it random or maybe even consistent with a particular file? It may be worth attaching the doc if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

It's happening again to me, also the app has been running excruciatingly slow lately. I'm not sure if it's because I have a lot of pixel data in files, or just a lot of artboards full of vector layers, but it's getting to the point where I'm not able to really use it or learn how to use it since all the tools are so delayed...and then it keeps crashing constantly.

Mac specs

829976859_macspecs.png.52c709a57d14086328a8e00bd82a503b.png

Crash Report.rtf

Affinity Designer_09E4E9FA-07B0-55D6-9841-E4B5A940C84A.plist