You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workbook for ipad

Hello. I’m very new to Affinity Designer. Vector design in general. I would like to know if I can buy the workbook to use with the iPad. My friend has affinity designer desktop and there seems to be all the same things the iPad has. The book looks good. Can I also use it for the iPad?

Edited by Hieroglyphia

• Staff

Hi Hieroglyphia,

Welcome to the forums :)

The Workbooks have been designed to be used alongside the tools and menus found in the desktop versions of our Affinity apps. Most, if not all of the same adjustments can be made in the iPad version but the menus and steps to reproduce them do differ from the desktops.

Affinity Photo for iPad is not the target audience for the book, some of the chapters would be hard to follow, and although the techniques are transferable you will have a problem downloading and using the accompanying content distributed in zip files as iPads don't natively support zip.

For these reasons we don't specifically recommend the books for iOS users, however I'm aware of many users (such as exploremoar above) that own the book and not the desktop app and have no issues!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)