You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Leading override with Text styles cascade - a real mystery

ADDITION:  I just installed the newest beta - problem is solved with Beta 1.7.2.424 ... thanks a lot!!

Leading override set to "no changement" or "auto" now works correct!

Hi,

I'm struggling with this feature "leading overide" when using text styles cascades.

I use a TEXT MASTER and Child groups & styles on Paragraphs, derive from this Master.

I set the MASTER to e.g. Character=10pt, line width=12pt, "leading override"=12 pt (or Auto, or "no change" - it seems not to matter for the problem).

On all other child groups and child paragraphs I use "leading override" to "auto," oder "no change". But all the time I look into it again, this value jumped back to 0!

As long as I do insert the same value as the line width value in EVERY Paragraph style "leading override" box, it's ok, but this fixes that value.

Now, if I change e.g. the Master line width to e.g. 20pt, nothing happens ... because "leading override" on any paragraph style is still fixed to 12pt. I would have to modify EACH paragraph style again (the leading correction to the new fixed value!!).

If I'm usind leading override to "auto" or "no change" on all childs (which in my oppinion would be reasonable, but this let the value jump automatically to 0) .. and now changing the MASTERS linewidth to e.g. 20pt, what I'm get is completly nonsense. See picture below. I have tried all options, non seems to work as one would expect.

Do I misunderstand something here?

1806545685_leadincorrection.JPG.937763ad54a7ca610a97fdd134e821c2.JPG