You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Acrobat Alternative?

Hi,

I could really use an Adobe Acrobat alternative. I imagine this would entail a tremendous effort on your part, but I feel like it is the last piece of the puzzle so I can ditch Adobe.

In my case, I publish comic books/graphic novels, and need to assemble high resolution PDFs for digital distribution (iPad Pro, etc...) and print. My workflow isn't terribly complicated, but I do need a quick, visual way to add/remove/rearrange pages, while making sure that resolutions and colour spaces are uniform and preserved. My biggest issue is that many alternatives tend to compress my images down with no setting to avoid this (even acrobat pro is guilty of this to a degree).

At this point, even a command line tool similar to imagemagick might do, but obviously a full acrobat alternative would be amazing, and I imagine that there are far more complex use cases out there for existing customers.

Hey, Ashf, I have Foxit here but I dont see that tools for pro printing, or what is it precisely? What I need is a color separation preview, where I can toggle individual color channels (CMYK / Pantone) for checking if things are right.

Affinity Team: This is the one puzzle I am still missing in your suite. I still need Adobe Acrobat Pro only for exactly this.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:29 PM, Glicky said:

Or try Foxit PhantomPDF (with more editing features) from the same company, for $129.00 a 1-time purchase.

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-editor/

Unfortunately there's only one really good in converting Word documents and that is Acrobat Pro. If you need that feature don't waste time trying others, they all are not as good as Acrobat Pro. Tried them all, was very disappointed no one came close. Tried them on a variety of documents and all had their problems.

At least, those were my findings. YMMV.