You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo and Wacom Intuos issue

I would like to know if someone else meets this issue and if there is a solution.

I'm using my Wacom Intuos Pro with bluetooth connection. If the tablet is up when I start AP everything is working fine but if I power on my tablet or if I wake it up after it entered sleep mode with AP already started, I have no more pressure sensitivity and some brushes don't work anymore (probably due to no pressure). If my tablet is connected via USB port, I don't meet any issue and it works fine in all the situations.

Just to test, I tried the windows SketchBook app in the same situations and I don't have this problem.

Last AP version, Wacom last drivers installed, Windows 10 up to date.

Any idea to overcome with this problem is welcome ;)

• Staff

Hi enricocerica :)

I've just tried this using the Wacom Intuos Pro on my Windows 10 machine, both wired and wireless worked as expected. Could you please confirm the following:

1. After unplugging the device to switch to Wireless mode, did you change any of your brush settings?
  2. Do you have High Precision Tablet Input turned on in Affinity preferences?
  3. Please try disabling Windows Ink, does this resolve your issue?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks Dan,

Nothing changed about brush settings.

High Precision Tablet Input is disabled, didn't even noticed it and when activated it's a mess ;)

I disabled the Windows ink in windows settings as well as the option in the pen settings and it doesn't solve the problem.

I noticed that when the problem occurs, just opening the Wacom Pen Settings or leave it open solves the problem, this could be a workaround but not a real solution.

• Staff

Thanks for that, could you please check that you're running both the latest version of Affinity and the latest drivers for the Wacom tablet?

22 hours ago, enricocerica said:

I noticed that when the problem occurs, just opening the Wacom Pen Settings or leave it open solves the problem

How strange, this certainly isn't something I've heard before. Do you have a different User login, or PC that you could try using your tablet and Affinity on, to see if the same behaviour is displayed?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!