You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updating Global Colour does not update colours in Layer and Symbol panels panels

Hi team,

I've seen this happen a few times over the last few months and since doing more with Symbols and Global Colours it's happened more frequently.

Video below. Basically I need to use global colours across a document to conrtol a colour scheme. Having set up all of the objects with their global colours, I can then change the global colour and it can update wherever used accordingly - so far so good. Now, this does work (although you have to be very wary of colour sync breaking for symbol instances!) but it seems as though when changing the global colour it doesn't always update in the panels. The Layers panel still shows the previous colour of the object, and the Symbols panel shows previous colours too.

In the video below you can clearly see the objects I'm selecting have a different colour in the Layer panel (bright green) to what they actually do on the Artboard (cream). The Symbol panel is showing a yellow colour for objects in the Symbol that have since been changed.

It doesn't totally disrupt my workflow but it's a little distracting and occasionally confusing. Collapsing Groups or Layers and re-expanding appears to kickstart the colour replacement but this isn't ideal as you can imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, GabrielM said:

Hi @simonlayfield,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

We are aware of issues with symbols and global colour changes, and this has already been logged with our developers. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

just another video, so maybe, the problem is easier to realize. 

by the way, in version 1.7.2 BETA, the problem still appears.