You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm excited to hear about potential feature set for Affinity Publisher as a long time Adobe Indesign and Acrobat user (still using CS6 and refuse to jump on the CC bandwagon).

First, I wondered if there were plans to have Affinity Publisher act also as a complete or partial Acrobat replacement. For example, often I will need to rotate scanned pages from a photocopier, extract or delete pages, crop, make annotations (grading academic work, for example), creation of fillable forms and drawing markups etc. all in the native PDF format. Being able to open a full (or partial) multi-page PDF using the document's existing page size would be excellent for quick editing.

Second, an annoyance and possible solution to a over-complicated workflow in Indesign. I often create artwork for music CDs and use pre-existing templates from replication factories. They tend to use one layer to show guidelines for text safety regions etc. Once the artwork builds up and I'm trying place various graphics and text within the guides, it would be great to be able to quickly make all layers more transparent with one key toggle so that I can easily see the underlying guides and line things up. Right now, I have to click on objects, click on transparency then use the slider to make more transparent. Then the same again to return to print look. Make sense? It's frustrating right now...maybe I'm just missing a key Indesign feature.

Finally, I assume Publisher will include Pantone, spot colors and varied PDF output options including booklet creation? Would be great to have advanced imposition options including number of sheets per signature etc. to cater for simple small booklets (a la OS X create booklet service) to big thick manuals requiring 1 sheet per signature ( a la Cheap Imposter).

Thanks!