You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Design Viewer - .afdesign file viewer

Context:
I would like to invite other people in my organization to my shared design folder. All my files are .afdesign and they cannot view them without buying the software.

Proposal:
Create a simple free viewer so that others could view my work without me doing extra "export/save as" work and managing multiple copies and updates of the same artwork.

Requirements:

- .afdesign file preview

- Pan

- Zoom

This could be mac only.

Some of this may already be written. If you have AD installed and click on a .afdesign file, it gives a preview in the file viewer.

Aside:
Adobe's Fireworks saved as an editable .PNG and this made it so easy to share work while maintaining editability. This is not proposing a change in file format, but that would be even better because everything supports .png.

dangerman2000,

This is already possible, just export your Affinity Designer files as PDF's and then everyone in your organisation can do everything that you asked: pan, zoom, and even make annotations using software that is available for free. 

Hokusai

Hokusai - Thank you for your response. The issue is that I have over 75 .afdesign files, by requiring me to export everything as a PDF, PNG, JPG or other open format, it doubles the numbers of files that I have to manage; ensuring everything stays in sync becomes a headache.

I'd say that Adobe had got his approach spot on with their reader software. This could be a little gold mine; as everyone likes a free sample. Though I'm not sure, how much this Affinity Lite/Reader/SE would cost the dev team in time and effort. Nice if it could happen though.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111