You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workflow with vectors

I usually place PNG vectors on photographs like in the example. Usually I’ll download the vector .ai file open in designer remove backgrounds and such and save the file as a PNG then “place” the image on my photograph in affinity photo. I placed the vector picture frame as a PNG and also the 10 and green check mark. Is this the correct workflow or way to accomplish what I’m doing with these photos?  Is there a better way. Also what is this call that I’m doing? 

E95A3E41-1582-48A9-AC5B-011E1CBA103E.png

• Staff

Hi ClarityDynamic,

This would be the best way to do this however it is worth pointing out that once you have exported your vector files to PNG they are no longer vector as PNG is not a vector format. 

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:04 AM, Callum said:

Hi ClarityDynamic,

This would be the best way to do this however it is worth pointing out that once you have exported your vector files to PNG they are no longer vector as PNG is not a vector format. 

C

Yes thank you. Where can I find other people that use vectors on photographs?  I’ve searched online but u don’t even know what this is called. I’m using a vector image as a PNG on pictures to make them more interesting or just for effect. What is that called and are there groups or websites that deal with this specific aspect of graphic design or whatever it’s called?