You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inconsistency when importing image files

Possibly not a bug as such but when I select an image using the Place Image Tool the cursor sometime appears in my document in the form of an eye that enables me to size and position the image nicely into my text frame. However on other occasion the image just gets 'plonked' in, in a random size and then tends to stick so that I can't move it and have to delete and start again.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a minor programming issue that needs to be tweaked?

Windows 10.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Andrew,

The Place Image tool has two ways to place an image. The first is a click and drag that allows you to place it at whatever size you want, the second is a single click which will place the document based on the images DPI to ensure it is displayed according to the document DPI so that you don't end up with small images oversized making them print poorly.

Does this sound like the behaviour you were seeing? If not are you able to capture any screen recording demonstrating the behaviour you are getting?

Thanks!