You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very glad to see that the new tutorials have subtitles for the languages which the Affinity site supports.  This will save me time when I explain to my colleagues in photo club of the Volkshochschule Rheinfelden how I develop and edit my photos in Affinity Photo.

With regard to the tutorial HDR from one exposure (https://affinity.serif.com/de/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/341759551) I have found some mistake that will wreak much confusion:

1.  00:44 Wir belassen das dabei
  2.  00:47 denn wir wir die Ausgangs-Farbkurve anwenden -> denn wenn wir die Ausgangs-Farbkurve anwenden
  3.  00:51 werden unsere Werte außerhalb der Grenzen liegen. -> werden die außerhalb der Grenzen liegenden Werte abgeschnitten.  One could consider using the subjunctive here, i. e., denn wendeten wir die Ausgangs-Farbkurve an, würden die außerhalb der Grenzen liegenden Werte abgeschnitten.  At any rate, as it stands, the text makes no mention of the fate of out-of-bounds values, namely, that they will be clipped.  Regarding the translation of to clip as clippen, I have the feeling that one says in German, that highlight details clippen, but not that they geclippt werden (are clipped), i. e., that clippen is intransitive and has no passive voice, even though the past participle, geclippt, can be used adjectivally, e. g. when speaking of geclippte Highlight-Details.  That is why I used abgeschnitten, not geclippt.
  4. 02:12  und wir können sie kolorieren.  I am puzzled about the use of kolorieren.  I have not encountered kolorieren as a translation of to tone map.  Linguee.de seems to imply that tone mapping is usually translated with das Tone Mapping, and gives many examples where the verb to tone map is rendered as to do or to perform a tone mapping.  Actually, though, developing to a 32-bit space means, more generally, that out-of-bounds values are retained and remain available for all the things that one can do to the output of the Develop persona, including but not limited to tone mapping.  I suggest, und bleiben für die Verarbeitung nach der Entwicklung der Roh-Datei erhalten -> and remain available for processing after developing the RAW file.  This, of course, means that tone mapping, or whatever it is being called in German in Affinity Photo, is one such "thing."

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

• 1 month later...