You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edit text labels on grouped figures - to make same sized labels

Hi,

I am pretty new to affinity designer. It's an amazing tool. 

I am researcher working with scientific publishing. I prepared an A4 size with multiple figure panels in it. However, some figures show large text labels and some show smaller text labels. Is there a way to select and make all text labels same size at once?  This would be really helpful.

I edited individual figure labels, but when I came back to A4 sheet, they are not looking in the same size.

Also, is there a tutorial dedicated to scientific figure editing/formating using affinity designer?

Thank you very much for the help.

You can try this (see bottom on that page)...

Transform Objects SeparatelyTo transform selected objects separately:

1. Select multiple objects.
  2. With the Move Tool selected, select Transform Objects Separately from the context toolbar.
  3. Transform any object.

... and change wide/height settings in the transform panel for boxes etc. For text, select all the respective text or text layers and change the font size to your needs.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi,

thanks for the reply. While this may be working in part but I already have re-sized figures, all I want to do is..

- Select new A4 sheet

- place different PDFs at position with `place`

- select all text elements in the page

- resize them or color them but all at once.

Is it even possible with affinity designer? If you know any link that explains this, would you please direct me to it?

Thank you very much.

Not sure if I understand the workflow you try to accomplish here correctly, but If you use place in various PDFs on a A4 page every PDF file will be treated as an embedded documents in Designer. Also this way if a placed PDF might have multiple pages, only the first one will be shown at all, meaning you can't select the page to show up if it contains multiple. Also you can only select the whole placed in PDF representation for any size customization, in order to perform some selection inside of a placed in PDF contents, you would have to expand the embedded file. - So all in all I don't know what you are concrete trying to do here by placing in PDFs and resizing/recoloring them?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2